Colorado Spring, Colorado-Saturday, October 17, 2020
October 14-18, 2020 escorted from Honolulu
From: $1,649 per person quad occupancy, $1,749 per person triple occupancy, $1,849 per person double occupancy, $2,249 single occupancy
Falcon Stadium in Colorado Springs is the only football stadium in the country where you can see someone jump out of a plane before each game. At the Air Force Academy, the Wings of Blue parachute team skydive into Falcon Stadium delivering the game ball.
With its scenic backdrop, a truly picturesque setting at the base of the Rampart Range of the Rocky Mountains, Falcon Stadium boasts some of the grandest pageantry in all of college football. It is without a doubt one of the premier college football stadiums in America, ranked by CBS Sports in 2011 as the 22nd best in college football, higher than any other Mountain West institution.
Sitting at 6,621 feet above sea level, the thin air has been kind to the Falcons. Built in a natural bowl in the foothills, the stadium’s elevation is the second highest of any Division I-A stadium in the nation. With a cozy capacity of 46,692, its game day experience is as best as it gets.
On game day, our beloved Warriors are looking to reclaim the Kuter Trophy, named for the late General Laurence S. Kuter, the first head of the Pacific Air Forces Command in 1957. It was presented to the winner of the annual game from 1980-97 when both teams were members of the WAC. After nearly a decade without playing one another, the rivalry was once again renewed when UH joined the MW in 2012.
There’s more, a full day of sightseeing, beginning with the Pikes Peak Tour. This spectacular 14, 115-foot peak offers “a purple mountain’s majesty,” for it was of this magnificent mountain that Katherine Lee Bates wrote “America the Beautiful”. In the afternoon we’ll be touring the Gardens of the Gods with its magnificent red sandstone rock formations and then on to the United States Air Force Academy.
Accommodations in Colorado Springs are at the Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Downtown. Opened less than one year, the hotel is walking distance to a variety of restaurants and entertainment venues. The Old Colorado City Historic District is a 10-minutes away. By the way, it’s the ideal time to visit, cooler temperatures and fall foliage. Expect to see the surrounding mountains speckled with bright reds, oranges and yellows.
Your UH vs Air Force Academy Falcons -Purple Mountain’s Majesty Weekender Tour includes:
- Airfare via United Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 3 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Downtown
- Breakfast daily
- Early check-in confirmed at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Spring Downtown Hotel
- Full day sightseeing tour in Colorado Spring with local guide and lunch
- Game ticket and game day transfers to/from Falcon Stadium
- All airport transfers, taxes and gratuities included
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $200 per person non-refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by July 13, 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for hotel housekeeping.
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Non-refundable deposits are valid only for the tour that it is booked for and cannot be transferred to another tour.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
Starting from $2,095 per person quadruple occupancy (sharing 2 beds in 1 room).
Starting from $2,150 per person triple occupancy (sharing 2 beds in 1 room).
Starting from $2,195 per person double occupancy.
Starting from $2,695 per person single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
1/14/20 – Depart Honolulu on United Airlines flight 383 at 8:20 pm and arrives in Denver at 6:56 am, 10/15/20.
10/18/20- Depart Denver on United Airlines flight 691 at 3:50 pm and arrives in Las Vegas at 4:40 pm
10/22/20 – Depart Las Vegas on Hawaiian Airlines flight 17 at 1:40 am and arrive in Honolulu at 4:50 am (same day).