June 5 – 13, 2023 escorted from Honolulu (7 Nights/9 Days)
Tokyo – Mt. Fuji – Shizuoka – Kyoto – Nara – Universal Studio/Osaka
$3,899 per person double/triple occupancy; $4,299 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 60 days prior to departure date for FULL REFUND!
Contact us to see how you can save $100 per person!
Join us on this fun-filled 7 Nights/9 Days – Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Shizuoka, Kyoto, Nara and Universal Studio/Osaka Tour.
The Tokaido Road was the most important route in Japanese history, connecting the cultural heart of the old capital of Kyoto with the new imperial city of Edo, today’s Tokyo. In fact, many of the Japanese classical literary works and art prints we now marvel at illustrate this pathway and the daily interactions between feudal lords, samurais, couriers, merchants, and travelers on their expedition to and from Edo.
Modernly, old Tokaido Road has earned the title “the Golden Route” and has expanded to include Osaka. Join us on our present-day take of the Golden Route as we touch down on the major cities and journey through Japan’s national treasures, paying homage to what was and continues to be Japan’s most famous route.
Our 21st century version includes these favorites:
– Tokyo – Tsukiji Outer Market, Ameyoko Shopping Street, Asakusa Sensoji Temple
– Mt. Fuji – Mt Fuji 5th station, Oshino Hakkai, Kawaguchi-ko Music Forest
– Shizuoka – Clean Tea Matsuno factory tour & tea leaf picking experience, Yaizu Fish Market
– Bullet train ride
– Kyoto – Kiyomizu Temple, Ninenzaka & Sannenzaka, Kinkakuji Temple
– Nara/Osaka – Todaiji Temple, Nara Deer Park, Higashimuki Shopping Street, Osaka Castle, Universal Studios and Aeon Mall Rinku Sennan
Your Traveling the Tokaido Road Summer School Break 2023 Tour #2 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodations in centrally located hotels.
- All sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, and 1 dinner.
- All transportation via private charter bus.
- All tour-related taxes included in the price.
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, April 6, 2023
- Final payment due by April 18, 2023. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: You must inform us of any disability/impairment that requires special attention at the time of your making the reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation(s) if the disability/impairment is unsuitable for the tour. You are also responsible for any costs and/or accommodations related to your disability/impairment, such as providing your own travel companion.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English-speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants is required for the tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders must check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour costs are based on current currency conversion rates, which are subject to change.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed, but taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued, approximately 45 days out.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Please ask our representatives for more information.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,899 per person double/triple occupancy
From $4,299 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
06/05/23 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 1:40 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 06/06/23
06/13/23 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:50 am (same day).