June 2nd- June 11th , 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,250 per person triple occupancy; $3,295 per person double occupancy; $3,895 single occupancy
The Tokaido highway started out as a dusty and lonely dirt road, avoided by commoners, infested by bandits and scoundrels who preyed on the innocent few who dared travel its length. More than just a road, the Tokaido (eastern sea route) took on a life of its own as it evolved into Japan’s most important thoroughfare during the Edo period, connecting the great cities of Edo and Kyoto. Nobles, military, and peasants alike made up the pulse of the road’s life, and its scenic landscapes and diverse travelers have been highlighted in history books and artistically portrayed in art and literature.
It is an amazing story and whether you are a seasoned traveler or first-time visitor to Japan, this tour offers you a sampling of all that Japan has to offer, from unique locales to “must see” tourist attractions. Skyscrapers to ancient temples and sacred mountains, a variety of experiences awaits you – ride the bullet train, Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station, Nara’s awe-inspiring Great Buddha, visit the tea fields and enjoy a hands-on experience, traditional Japanese markets, shopping street, and much, much more!
For modern day shopping and sightseeing, we have included Shibuya Sky, a new landmark facing world-famous Shibuya Scramble Crossing and a day at Universal Studios Japan.
The tour begins in Tokyo, Japan’s capital is a city always on the move. It dazzles with its traditional culture and passion for everything new. When you are looking for fun, Tokyo delivers. You will leave understanding why Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life”.
And then onto Kyoto, Japan’s spiritual heart, a city of 2000 temples and shrines as well as true masterpieces of architecture. There is more, much more, Nara, Shizuoka, and Mt. Fuji. We end in Osaka, a spirited city and Japan’s third largest, its center cloaked in dazzling neon billboards. The city’s unofficial slogan is kuidaore (‘eat until you drop’), and it seems that everyone is always out for a good meal – and a good time.
Your Traveling the Tokaido Road-Summer Break Tour #2 – 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, April 1st , 2022
- Final payment due by April 15th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,250 per person triple occupancy
From $3,295 per person double occupancy
From $3,895 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
06/02/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 1:40 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 06/03
06/11/22 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:45 am (same day).