October 3-12, 2020 – Escorted from Honolulu
From: $3,895 per person double or triple occupancy; $4,695 single occupancy
Small Group Tour- Maximum 25 members
Reserve by May 1st-Save $25 per person!
The Tokaido highway started out as a dusty and lonely dirt road, avoided by commoners, infested by bandits and scoundrels who preyed on the innocent few who dared travel its length. More than just a road, the Tokaido (eastern sea route) took on a life of its own as it evolved into Japan’s most important thoroughfare during the Edo period, connecting the great cities of Edo and Kyoto. Nobles, military, and peasants alike made up the pulse of the road’s life, and its scenic landscapes and diverse travelers have been highlighted in history books and artistically portrayed in art and literature.
It is an amazing story and whether you are a seasoned traveler or first-time visitor to Japan, this tour offers you a sampling of all that Japan has to offer, from unique locales to “must see” tourist attractions. Skyscrapers to ancient temples and sacred mountains, a variety of experiences awaits you – ride the bullet train, Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station, an onsen experience. In Kyoto, we have included a stroll in the Gion, Kyoto’s oldest neighborhood, night tour and dinner show with Maiko music and dance performance.
We begin in Osaka, a spirited city and Japan’s third largest, its center cloaked in dazzling neon billboards. The city’s unofficial slogan is kuidaore (‘eat until you drop’), and it seems that everyone is always out for a good meal – and a good time.
We end in Tokyo, Japan’s capital, a city always on the move. The city dazzles with its traditional culture and passion for everything new. When you are looking for fun, Tokyo delivers. You will leave understanding why Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life”.
Traveling the Tokaido Road- Fall School Break Tour 2020 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Eight nights at first class hotels.
- In-flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person non refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by August 4th, 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Non-Refundable deposits are valid only for the tour that it is booked for & cannot be transferred to another tour.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol & soft drinks with meals
- Gratuities for the local Japanese English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airline.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $3,895 per person double or triple occupancy
Starting from $4,695 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
10/03/20 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 2:25 pm and arrives in Kansai at 6:45 pm, 10/04.
10/12/20 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 8856 at 11:55 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 12:35 pm (same day).