November 15th- 24th, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,395 per person triple occupancy; $3,495 per person double occupancy; $4,295 single occupancy
Roads are an essential part of civilization. They help people travel and discover many different places. In Japan, the Tōkaidō (East Sea Road) was considered the most important route used during the Edo period. Stretching along the Pacific Coast from Osaka to Edo (Tokyo), two to three weeks on foot, was always an adventure.
We have updated the itinerary for 2022, keeping many of the favorite’s spots and shopping venues while adding new adventures.
It all begins with a 2-night stay in Osaka, a spirited city and Japan’s third largest, its center cloaked in dazzling neon billboards. The city’s unofficial slogan is kuidaore (‘eat until you drop’), and it seems that everyone is always out for a good meal – and a good time. Our hotel, just two blocks from Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori!
From here, Nara, Japan’s first permanent capital. Then, close by, Kyoto, Japan’s spiritual heart, a city of 2000 temples and shrines as well as true masterpieces of architecture. On the way to Tokyo, an overnight onsen stay by Mt. Fuji.
We end in Japan’s capital, a city always on the move. The city dazzles with its traditional culture and passion for everything new. When you are looking for fun, Tokyo delivers. You will leave understanding why Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life”
Foliage sights include Osaka Castle, Nara Deer Park, Todaiji Temple, Kiyomizu Temple, Golden Pavilion, Kyoto’s Gion area, Rikugien Garden, Enoshima, and Kamakura.
This leisurely paced tour will not disappoint and perfect for the seasoned traveler as well as first timer to Japan.
Your Traveling the Tokaido Road- Fall Foliage Explorer Tour – 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, September 16th , 2022
- Final payment due by September 30th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,395 per person triple occupancy
From $3,495 per person double occupancy
From $4,295 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
11/15/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 1:40 pm and arrives in Kansai at 6:45 pm, 11/16
11/24/22 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 458 at 9:20 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:30 am (same day).