November 12th -21st , 2021 escorted from Honolulu
$3,395 per person triple occupancy; $3,495 double occupancy; $4,195 single occupancy
Roads are an essential part of civilization. They help people travel and discover many different places. In Japan, the Tōkaidō (East Sea Road) was considered the most important route used during the Edo period. Stretching along the Pacific Coast from Osaka to Edo (Tokyo), two to three weeks on foot, was always an adventure.
We have updated the itinerary for 2021, keeping many of the favorite’s spots and shopping venues while adding new adventures.
It all begins with 3-nights in Tokyo visiting Tsukiji Market, Ameyoko, and Shibuya Scramble Square, a new landmark that just opened in November 2019. From the rooftop observation desk enjoy incredible views and then shop and dine your way down.
On our way to Kyoto, an overnight in Fujinomiya, the closest city to majestic Mount Fuji. Weather permitting, enjoy incredible close-up views of sunset and sunrise against Mt. Fuji. We will also be visiting Fujisan Hongu Sengentaisha, once a starting point for Mt. Fuji climbers. In its day, was considered one of the largest and grandest shrines.
After a bullet train ride, enjoy 2-nights in Kyoto to enjoy the best of foliage colors. Our tour ends in Osaka for 2-nights with accommodations steps from the Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori. There’s more, a cable car ride up the mountainside in Kobe, a sake brewery visit and a Kobe steak lunch.
Foliage sights include Rikugien Garden and Meiji Jingu Shrine in Tokyo, Shiraito Falls, part of Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Arashiyama Bamboo Grove in Kyoto. In Nara, visits to Todaiji Temple and Deer Park and then Osaka Castle and Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens.
This leisurely paced tour will not disappoint and perfect for the seasoned traveler as well as first timer to Japan.
Your Traveling the Tokaido Road Fall Foliage Tour – 2021 includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel and 4 lunches.
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, September 13th , 2021
- Final payment due by September 28th , 2021. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,395 per person triple occupancy
From $3,495 per person double occupancy
From $4,195 per person single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
11/12/21 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 12:55 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 11/13
11/21/21 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:20 am (same day).