Small Group tour-Maximum 24 tour members
November 17-25, 2020 – Escorted from Honolulu
From: $3,595 per person triple occupancy; $3,695 per person double occupancy; $4395 single occupancy.
Roads are an essential part of civilization. They help people travel and discover many different places. In Japan, the Tōkaidō (East Sea Road) was considered the most important route used during the Edo period. Stretching along the Pacific Coast from Osaka to Edo (Tokyo), two to three weeks on foot, was always an adventure.
We have updated the itinerary for 2020, keeping many of the favorite’s spots and shopping venues while adding new adventures. Our touring dates should fall in the peak period for foliage viewing throughout the tour.
It all begins with 3-nights in Tokyo visiting Tsukiji Market, Ameyoko, and Shibuya Scramble Square, a new landmark that just opened on November 1st of 2019. From the rooftop observation desk enjoy incredible views and then shop and dine your way down. Another first-time addition, Tokyo National Museum, the oldest and largest of Japan’s top-level museums.
On to Kyoto by bullet train for 2 nights that include a night tour followed by a Japanese dinner with Maiko performance. We end in Osaka for 2-nights with accommodations steps from the Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori. There’s more, a cable car ride up the mountainside in Kobe, a sake brewery visit and Kobe steak lunch.
Foliage sights include Shinjuku Gyoen and Meiji Jingu Shrine in Tokyo, Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, Arashiyama Bamboo Grove in Kyoto. In Nara, visits to Todaiji Temple and Deer Park and then Osaka Castle and Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens.
This leisurely paced tour will not disappoint and perfect for the seasoned traveler as well as first timer to Japan.
Traveling the Tokaido Road-Fall Foliage Tour 2020 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Seven nights in first class hotels.
- In-flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 4 lunches and 1 dinner
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person non refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by September 18th, 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Non-Refundable deposits are valid only for the tour that it is booked for & cannot be transferred to another tour.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol & soft drinks with meals
- Gratuities for the local Japanese English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airline.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $3,595 per person triple occupancy
Starting from $3,695 per person double occupancy
Starting from $4,395 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
11/17/20 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 855 at 5:50 pm and arrives in Haneda at 10:00 pm, 11/18.
11/25/20 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:20 am (same day).