October 1-9 , 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,150 per person triple occupancy; $3,195 per person double occupancy; $3,795 single occupancy
The Tokaido highway started out as a dusty and lonely dirt road, avoided by commoners, infested by bandits and scoundrels who preyed on the innocent few who dared travel its length. More than just a road, the Tokaido (eastern sea route) took on a life of its own as it evolved into Japan’s most important thoroughfare during the Edo period, connecting the great cities of Edo and Kyoto. Nobles, military, and peasants alike made up the pulse of the road’s life, and its scenic landscapes and diverse travelers have been highlighted in history books and artistically portrayed in art and literature.
It is an amazing story and whether you are a seasoned traveler or first-time visitor to Japan, this tour offers you a sampling of all that Japan has to offer, from unique locales to “must see” tourist attractions. Skyscrapers to ancient temples and sacred mountains, a variety of experiences awaits you – ride the bullet train, Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station, Nara’s awe-inspiring Great Buddha, visit the tea fields and enjoy a hands-on experience, traditional Japanese markets, shopping street, and much, much more!
For modern day shopping and sightseeing, we have included Shibuya Sky, a new landmark facing world-famous Shibuya Scramble Crossing along with the must do favorites, Tsukiji Market, Ameyoko, Sugamo Jizo Shopping Street on a fair day, Kyoto’s Ninenzaka & Sannensaka, and Nara’s Higashimuki Shopping Street.
Our tour begins in Tokyo, undeniably one of the planet’s most exciting cities, deeply rooted in traditions intertwined with its mind-boggling modernity. After Mt. Fuji, we are off to Kyoto and Nara, old Japan with its quiet temples, sublime gardens, and colorful shrines. We end in Osaka, a colorful city with its dazzling neon and vivid storefronts.
Your Traveling the Tokaido Road-Fall Break Tour – 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, August 2nd , 2022
- Final payment due by August 17th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,150 per person triple occupancy
From $3,195 per person double occupancy
From $3795 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
10/01/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 1:30 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 10/02
10/09/22 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:40 am (same day).