Tokyo & Tochigi Memorial Day Weekend Tour 2019
May 21 – 27, 2019 Escorted from Honolulu
From: $2,395 per person double or triple occupancy; $2,595 single occupancy
RESERVE BY OCTOBER 31ST-SAVE $50 PER PERSON
Tokyo, a modern city, full of glass towers, wide avenues, and constant activity. However, there are hidden time-warps scattered throughout the city that have somehow evaded modernization and offer a rare glimpse into Tokyo’s past. Join us on this fun filled Memorial Day tour to Tokyo we discover Tokyo’s backstreets and shopping arcades in search of the best “small kine” shopping this city has to offer.
We have included the favorites, Tsukiji, Ameyoko, and Asakusa along with a complete free day to shop and explore on your own.
From here, we are off to Tochigi, internationally renowned for its many historic buildings and shrines, ceramics fairs, art galleries and abundant rivers. Tochigi is surrounded by mountains to the east, west and north, while the Kanto Plain spreads out to the south. Tochigi contains the Nasu and Nikko volcanic clusters which feature numerous onsen resorts scattered in and around them.
We have included one night in Utsunomiya, the region’s capital where foodies will enjoy their famous gyoza dumplings while nature lovers look forward to visiting Lake Chuzenji. We will be doing both!
Our second night is in Nikko with accommodations at the historic Nikko Kanaya Hotel The guest list here includes US President Ulysses Grant, Helen Keller, and Albert Einstein. Add your name to this incredible register!
Nikko’s most significant feature is Toshog Shrine, dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu; it is surrounded by other noteworthy shrines and temples, and the whole district has been designated a World Heritage Site. Also located in the Nikko area are Kegon Falls and Edo Wonderland, a theme park where visitors can experience what life was like during the Edo Period. Its all included along with a sake brewery visit.
Come, join us on this unique tour and discover the best of Tokyo and Tochigi!
Your Tokyo & Tochigi Memorial Day Weekender Tour 2019 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.(flight schedule)
- Five nights in first class hotel accommodations.
- In flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 3 lunch and 2 dinners.
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person non refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by April 9th , 2019. Package is non-refundable after this date.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals.
- Gratuities for the local English speaking guide.
- Baggage fee charges from the airline discount!
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $2,395 per person double or triple occupancy
Starting from $2,595 single occupancy
Space is Limited!
05/21/19 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 855 at 6:10 pm and arrives in hANEDA at 10:05 pm, 5/22.
05/27/19 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 856 at 11:55 pm and arrive Honolulu at 12:35 pm.