February 9th – 18th , 2023- escorted from Honolulu
$4,265 per person double or triple occupancy; $4,765 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 90 days prior-FULL REFUND! Low deposit- $75 per person- Reserve by August 1st – Save $100 per person
What comes to mind upon hearing the word “Tohoku”?
New kinds of scenery or gourmet? Festivals? Adventures?
Enjoy wintertime in Tohoku, where there’s dozens of charming experiences that can only be had here.
Tohoku is just a ride away from Tokyo on the shinkansen. In winter, this region offers a wonderland of ski slopes, steaming hot springs, award-winning sake breweries and snowy townscapes that recall the Japan of yesteryear. Come, experience Tohoku’s warm welcome on the Winter Wonderland Tour. We have combined the best of two worlds, an off the beaten track experience along with Japan’s capital city, Tokyo!
On tour, we have included four festivals, Hirosake Castle Snow Lantern Festival, Odate Amekkoichi (Candy Festival), Namahage Festival, and Yokote Kamakua Festival. Ah, but just the beginning, we have included two bullet train rides, 3 hands-on experiences, Kokeshi painting, senbei baking, and kamaboko making, a ropeway ride, a bay cruise in Matsushima, sake brewery tasting and soooo much more!
Our last two nights are in Tokyo, where Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life.” Here, we have included Ameyoko Shopping Street, Tsukiji Outer Market, and Yushima Tenjin for plum flower viewing. There is even a complete free day to sightsee on your own or catch up on omiyage shopping.
Your Tohoku Winter Wonderland Tour – 2023 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 3 lunches, and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 90 days prior to departure, November 11th , 2022
- Final payment due by December 9th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
- Fuel Surcharges of $320 per person will be assessed at time of ticketing due to airlines fuel surcharge increase.
- On the “Free Day” we will have to add a tour with a guide. Because of this restriction we will need to collect $50 more per person to cover the cost of the this change plus extended hours for the guide throughout the tour.
From $4,265 per person double or triple occupancy
From $4,765 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
02/09/23 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 12:20 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 02/10
02/18/23 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 458 at 9:20 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:10 am (same day)