February 10th-19th, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,395 per person double/triple occupancy; $3,795 single occupancy
What comes to mind upon hearing the word “Tohoku”?
New kinds of scenery or gourmet? Festivals? Adventures?
Enjoy wintertime in Tohoku, where there’s dozens of charming experiences that can only be had here.
Tohoku is just a ride away from Tokyo on the shinkansen. In winter, this region offers a wonderland of ski slopes, steaming hot springs, award-winning sake breweries and snowy townscapes that recall the Japan of yesteryear. Come, experience Tohoku’s warm welcome on the Winter Wonderland Tour. We have combined the best of two worlds, an off the beaten track experience along with Japan’s capital city, Tokyo.
On tour, we have included three winter festivals, Hirosake Castle Snow Lantern Festival, Namahage Festival, and Yokote Kamakua Festival. Ah, but just the beginning as there is two bullet train rides, 3 hands-on experiences, Kokeshi painting, senbei baking, and kamaboko making, a ropeway ride, a bay cruise in Matsushima, sake brewery tasting and soooo much more!
Our last two nights are in Tokyo, where Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life.” Here, we have included Ameyoko Shopping Street, Tsukiji Outer Market, and Ikegami Baien Garden for plum flower viewing. There is even a complete free day to sightsee on your own or catch up on omiyage shopping.
Your Tohoku Winter Wonderland plus Tokyo Tour- 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, December 12th , 2021
- Final payment due by December 27th , 2021. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
Not all festival dates have not all been finalized for 2022. If some festivals are cancelled or effect the touring dates, we will advise as soon as possible. Cancelled festivals or changes would affect the day to day itinerary. Any changes to the itinerary will be advised as soon as more details become available.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,395 per person double/triple occupancy
From $3,795 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
02/10/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 12:20 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 02/11
02/19/22 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 864 at 8:15 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 8:05 am (same day).