February 11th – 20th , 2021 escorted from Honolulu
From: $3,595 per person double or triple occupancy; $3,995 single occupancy
What comes to mind upon hearing the word “Tohoku”?
New kinds of scenery or gourmet? Festivals? Adventures?
Enjoy wintertime in Tohoku, where there’s dozens of charming experiences that can only be had here.
Tohoku is just a ride away from Tokyo on the shinkansen. In winter this region offers a wonderland of ski slopes, steaming hot springs, award-winning sake breweries and snowy townscapes that recall the Japan of yesteryear. Come, experience Tohoku’s warm welcome on the Winter Wonderland Tour. We have combined the best of two worlds, an off the beaten track experience along with Japan’s capital city, Tokyo!
On tour, we have included three winter festivals, Hirosaki Castle Snow Lantern Festival, Namahage Festival, and Yokote Kamakura Festival. Ah, but just the beginning as there’s two bullet train rides, 5 hands-on experiences, Kokeshi painting, strawberry picking, mini kamakura (snow dome house) making, senbei baking, and kamaboko making. We have also included the Hakkoda Ropeway, a bay cruise in Matsushima, sake brewery tasting and soooo much more!
Our last three nights are in Tokyo, where Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life.” Here, we have included Tsukiji Outer Market, Ikegami Baien Garden for plum flower viewing and Shibuya Scramble Square. Our last day, completely free to sightsee on your own or catch up on omiyage shopping.
Your Tohoku Winter Wonderland Plus Tokyo Tour 2021 includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, December 14th.
- Final payment due by December 28, 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,595 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,995 per person single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
02/11/21 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 12:15 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 02/12
02/20/21 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 458 at 9:20 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:05 am (same day).