August 1-12, 2019 from Honolulu
From: $4,995 per person double/triple occupancy; $5,595 single occupancy
When the snow completely melts, and the summer heat turns up, Tohoku becomes the liveliest region in Japan. Summer festivals in Japan are incredibly fun, some of the best, passed down from long ago. Every festival has its own distinct charm and attraction. They dance, they shout, they cheer, they rule! Come along, meet, and join the people behind these energetic and vibrant festivities-the soul of Tohoku summer festivals.
This unique tour takes in the “Three Great Summer Festivals” of Tohoku, The Nebuta Festival in Amori, Akita Kanto Festival and the Sendai Tanabata Festival. But, this is only the beginning as we have also included Yamagata Hanagasa Matsuri, where over 10,000 city residents participate and a stop at Inakadate Village to view the “Field of Dreams”, dramatic scenes among the rice fields created by local villagers. They attract thousands of visitors each summer.
It’s still not over as we have included night tour on the Hakodate Ropeway, 2 hands-on experiences, sake brewery visit and Matsushima Bay cruise. Not so quick, as there’s 3 nights in Tokyo for that big city feel. Here we will be visiting a few of the more popular spots, Tsukiji Market, Ameyoko, Asakusa and Tokyo Tower. Shopping, yes, enough free time to shop your heart out! Also experience the bullet train, not once, but twice!
Your Great Festivals of Tohoku plus a Taste of Tokyo 2019 #2 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Ten nights accommodations in first class hotels.
- In flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 7 lunches and 3 dinners.
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person non refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by May 24, 2019. Package is non-refundable after this date.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals.
- Gratuities for the local Japanese English speaking guide.
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $4,995 per person double/triple occupancy.
Starting from $5,595 single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
08/01/19 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 1:20 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, 8/2.
08/12/19 – Depart Narita on Hawaiian Airlines flight 822 at 9:00 pm and arrive Honolulu at 9:50 am. (same day).
Starting from $3,695 per person triple occupancy
Starting from $3,295 per person double/triple occupancy.