April 10th- April 19th, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,895 per person triple occupancy; $3,995 per person double occupancy; $4,695 single occupancy
Gorgeous festival floats color the town, along with the blooming cherry blossoms, and “karakuri” marionettes put on a breathtaking performance! Come along and experience this very special 2020 Takayama Spring Festival Tour.
Thought to be around 400 years old, the Takayama Festival is counted as one of the three most beautiful festivals in Japan. It is held every spring and autumn, and it shows-off what is great about the Hida region. The focal point and must-see attraction of the festival are the beautiful festival floats, which are products of the fabulous artisanship of the Hida masters. With elaborate, artistic ornaments, masterfully designed marionettes exhibit incredibly dexterous movements, and clever contraptions for maneuvering them around town. The floats are really masterpieces in their own right! At nighttime, the floats are covered with lanterns, and the parade of these floats creates a beautiful fantasy world completely different from the daytime procession.
Yet, this is just the beginning as we have also included the very best of Osaka & Kyoto along with Shirakawago Village and Kanazawa. We end in Tokyo, Japan’s capital for 3 days where we have included a complete free day for shopping or sightseeing on your own.
There are also three garden visits, two bullet train rides, a hands-on gold leaf pasting experience and TeamLab Borderless, a world of artworks without boundaries, a museum without a map, and Tsukiji Outer Market.
Your Takayama Spring Festivals and Cherry Blossoms Tour – 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 3 lunches, and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, February 9th , 2022
- Final payment due by February 24th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,895 per person triple occupancy
From $3,995 per person double or triple occupancy
From $4,695 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
04/10/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 1:45 pm and arrives in Kansai at 6:45 pm, 04/11
04/19/22 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 864 at 8:15 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 8:30 am (same day).