June 2 – 10, 2024 (7 Nights/ 9 Days) escorted from Honolulu
Tokyo – Mt. Fuji – Shizuoka – Kyoto – Nara – Universal Studio Japan – Osaka
$3,738 per person double/triple occupancy; $4,138 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 65 days prior to departure date for a FULL REFUND!
Contact us to see how you can save $100 per person!
The Tokaido Road, historically Japan’s most vital route, linked Kyoto’s cultural heart to Edo, now Tokyo. It served as a backdrop in classical Japanese literature and art, depicting the interactions between feudal lords, samurais, couriers, merchants, and travelers. Today, the old Tokaido Road is known as the “Golden Route,” extending to Osaka.
Join us on our 21st-century version of the Golden Route adventure as we traverse major cities, honoring Japan’s enduring iconic path.
We begin in Tokyo with visits to the famous Tsukiji Outer Market, Ameyoko Street and the historic Asakusa district. Experience the marvel of Mt. Fuji with a journey to the Mt. Fuji 5th station, explore the picturesque Oshino Hakkai, and unwind in a relaxing Onsen hotel. In Shizuoka, relish a tea factory tour with a hands-on tea leaf-picking experience, followed by savoring the fresh offerings at Yaizu Fish Market.
Embark on a bullet train ride to Kyoto, where you’ll visit Kiyomizu Temple, stroll through the charming alleys of Ninenzaka and Sannenzaka, marvel at the beauty of Kinkakuji Temple, and fully experience the natural wonders of Arashiyama. Immerse yourself in the beauty of Fushimi Inari Shrine. Dive into Nara’s cultural richness that takes us to Todaiji Temple and its Great Buddha, Nara Deer Park, and the lively Higashimuki Shopping Street.
Enjoy the thrills at Universal Studios, uncover the history of Osaka Castle, participate in a food sample making activity, explore the vibrant Kuromon market, and indulge in last-minute shopping at Aeon Mall Rinku Sennan.
For a detailed itinerary, please click “more information…” below.
Your Summer Adventure on Tokaido Road 2024 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in centrally located hotels.
- All sightseeing with a local English-speaking guide throughout the tour.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel and 1 dinner.
- All transportation via private charter bus.
- All tour-related taxes are included in the price.
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 65 days prior to departure, March 29, 2024.
- Final payment due by April 13, 2024. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: You must inform us of any disability/impairment that requires special attention at the time of your making the reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation(s) if the disability/impairment is unsuitable for the tour. You are also responsible for any costs and/or accommodations related to your disability/impairment, such as providing your own travel companion.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English-speaking guide.
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants is required for the tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders must check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour costs are based on current currency conversion rates, which are subject to change.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed, but taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued, approximately 50 days out.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Please ask our representatives for more information.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,738 per person double/triple occupancy
From $4,138 single occupancy
Space is Limited!
06/02/24 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 1:35 pm and arrive in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 06/03/24.
06/10/24 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:40 am (same day).