March 26th- April 3rd, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,195 per person triple occupancy; $3,295 per person double occupancy; $3,795 single occupancy
Shikoku Island is the smallest of the Japanese archipelago’s four main islands in Japan’s southwest, but full of attractions found only here. Whether your first time or returning back-come enjoy Shikoku!
Shikoku is the birthplace of the most revered figure in Japanese Buddhism, the monk and teacher Kobo-Daishi, who brought a populist form of Buddhism to Japan from China in the 9th century. For hundreds of years, a 750-mile pilgrimage route has circled this mountainous island, connecting 88 separate temples and shrines that claim connection to Daishi, also known as the Great Master.
Yet this is not merely a place for passive soul-searching. A rugged and ancient Pacific Ocean coastline, gorgeous free-flowing rivers and mountain ranges all beckon to be explored firsthand. If the inner demons are restless, there’s also Takamatsu and Kōchi, attractive and youthful cities with excellent regional cuisine and all the trappings of ‘mainland’ modernity.
Join us on this truly unique tour of Shikoku and highlights of the Kansai region: Osaka, Hiroshima, and Miyajima Island. Also included, an onsen stay in Dogo, 2 hands-on experiences, Japanese paper making and udon making, a bullet train ride, Naruto whirlpool sightseeing cruise, Aqua Liner cherry blossom cruise, and a complete free shopping day in Osaka!
Your Shikoku and Kansai Cherry Blossom Tour – 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 4 lunches and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, January 25th , 2022
- Final payment due by February 9th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,195 per person triple occupancy
From $3,295 per person double occupancy
From $3,795 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
03/26/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 1:05 pm and arrives in Kansai at 6:45 pm, 03/27
04/03/22 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:25 am (same day).