December 26th, 2022 – January 1st, 2023- escorted from Honolulu
$3,495 per person triple occupancy; $3,695 per person double occupancy; $4,295 single occupancy
Traveling to Japan during New Year’s is a great opportunity to capture a rare glimpse into the modernization of traditional Japanese culture. It is a time when most Japanese people return home to partake in traditional ceremonies and festivities. On this very special New Years’ Omiyage Tour, experience and be part of that tradition.
If shopping is on your list, we have it covered, Tsukiji Market, Ameyoko, Asakusa, the largest Daiso in Tokyo, Harajuku, Takashita-dori, and Komachi-dori in Kamakura. On New Year’s Day, a visit to Aeon Mall Narita, to celebrate “hatsuuri”, the first sale of the year.
Accommodations for our 5-night stay, Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu, in the heart of Shibuya and directly connected to the Shibuya Station. Shibuya is one of Tokyo’s most colorful and busy districts, packed with shopping, dining and nightclubs serving many thousands of visitors that pass through this district every day.
What are the holidays without holiday lights? We have included visits to the Tokyo Dome City Winter Illumination and Shibuya Blue Grotto Illumination.
Still, much more, a day trip to Kamakura, Meiji Shrine as they prepare for New Years’ Day, Tokyo Tower, and a traditional multi-course New Year’s Eve Japanese dinner. Steps from your hotel, enjoy the countdown festivities in Shibuya.
New Years’ Day, hatsumode, the tradition of visiting a shrine or temple for the first prayer of the year. We will be visiting Naritasan Shinshoji, a Buddhist temple, one of the largest in Japan. Here you can also enjoy the festive atmosphere, many foods stands and opportunity to purchase lucky chams for good luck in the new year.
After celebrating “hatsuuri”, the first sale of the year at Aeon Mall Narita, off to the airport for our flight home where it is New Year’s Day all over again. Celebrate once, Hawaiian style with friends and family.
Cancel for any reason up to 60 days prior-FULL REFUND!
Your New Year’s in Tokyo and Hawaii Tour – 2023 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 5 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, October 27th , 2022
- Final payment due by November 11th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,495 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,695 per person double or triple occupancy
From $4,295 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
12/26/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 821 at 11:20 am and arrives in Narita at 4:00 pm, 12/27
01/01/23 – Depart Narita on Hawaiian Airlines flight 822 at 7:55 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 7:45 am (same day)