The Festival of Lights Tour
December 26th, 2021-January 1st, 2022 – escorted from Honolulu
$2,695 per person triple occupancy; $2,795 per person double occupancy; $3,195 single occupancy
Traveling to Japan during New Year’s is a great opportunity to capture a rare glimpse into the modernization of traditional Japanese culture. It is a time when most Japanese people return home to partake in traditional ceremonies and festivities. On this very special Festival of Lights tour, experience and be part of that tradition and arrive back in Hawaii for a 2nd celebration of New Year’s Day.
Accommodations for our 5-night begins at the Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo, across the street from the JR Kyoto Station and around the corner from the Aeon Mall. From there, Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka, a stone’s throw from the heart of Dotonbori and Shinsaibashi shopping streets. shopping opportunities.
Sightseeing includes a day trip to Kobe and Nara, the best of Kyoto’s must-see attractions, a hand-on calligraphy experience, ropeway ride, sake brewery visit, and Kaiyukan Aquarium. There is also free day for shopping in Osaka!
Ah, but just the beginning, enjoy 5, yes 5 holiday illuminations, magical Kimono Forest with its cylinder pillars lit is a variety of colors, Kobe Illuminage, Osaka Castle Illuminage, Mido-suji Illumination, and holiday illuminations at Kaiyukan Aquarium.
And then, New Year’s Eve where it is about celebrating. We are in the heart of the New Year countdown, Dotonbori. It is hands-down one of the best spots in all of Osaka to ring in the New Year, Japan style!
Lastly, New Years’ Day, a must do tradition, hatsumode, the years’ first visit to a shrine. We will be visiting Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine for the traditional prayer at the main hall and purchase lucky charms for a fortunate new year.
Arrive home early morning New Year’s Day and celebrate all over again with family and friends.
New Years 2022 in Osaka and Kyoto Tour – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 5 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, October 27th , 2021
- Final payment due by November 11th , 2021. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $2,695 per person double or triple occupancy
From $2,795 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,195 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
12/26/21 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 1:25 pm and arrives in Kansai at 6:45 pm, 12/27
01/01/22 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:05 pm (same day).