February 11 – 19, 2024 (7 nights/9 days) escorted from Honolulu
Hakata – Kokura – Shimonoseki – Karatsu – Huis Ten Bosch – Sasebo – Nagasaki – Shimabara – Kumamoto – Mt. Aso – Fukuoka
$3,489 per person double/triple occupancy, $3,789 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 60 days prior to departure date for FULL REFUND!
Contact us to see how you can save $100 per person!
If you have ever wanted to visit Nagasaki, there is no better time than during the annual Nagasaki Lantern Festival, celebrating Chinese New Year with over 15,000 lanterns and lights. As Japan’s oldest Chinatown, due to a long trading history with China, these cultural ties are celebrated each year for two weeks. Besides specular lanterns, there are a variety of traditional Chinese shows and parades to enjoy such as lion dances and the Mazu Procession, recreating the route Chinese sailing crews once used to enter the city.
Our 7-night tour begins in Hakata, on the northern tip of Kyushu Island. It is western Japan’s most happening city and gateway to the country. Set amid splendid natural diversity – bordered by mountains, flanked by sea, and dotted with hot springs – the metropolis is an exciting hub of modern city life rich with tradition and modern cultural attractions, contemporary art, architecture, shopping, and cuisine complement centuries’-old temples and shrines.
There is much more to see and experience on this tour including visits to Karato Market in Shimonoseki to enjoy fresh sushi, the secluded pottery village of Okawachiyama, the grandiose recreation of a Dutch town of Huis Ten Bosch theme park, Kujukushima Pearl Sea Resort, Shimabara, Kumamoto, Mt. Aso, and more.
Activities on the tour include a sake brewery visit, onsen stay, Castella Land Factory tour and tasting, sightseeing cruise, slope car ride, and plenty of quality shopping experiences.
Your Nagasaki Lantern Festival and Kyushu Explorer 2024 Tour includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in centrally located hotels.
- All sightseeing with a local English-speaking guide throughout the tour.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- All transportation via private charter bus.
- All tour-related taxes are included in the price.
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, December 13, 2023.
- Final payment due by December 25, 2023. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: You must inform us of any disability/impairment that requires special attention at the time of your making the reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation(s) if the disability/impairment is unsuitable for the tour. You are also responsible for any costs and/or accommodations related to your disability/impairment, such as providing your own travel companion.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English-speaking guide.
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals.
- A minimum of 16 participants is required for the tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders must check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour costs are based on current currency conversion rates, which are subject to change.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed, but taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued, approximately 45 days out.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Please ask our representatives for more information.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,489 per person double/triple occupancy
From $3,789 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
02/11/24 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 827 at 12:40 pm and arrive in Fukuoka at 6:40 pm on 02/12.
02/19/24 – Depart Fukuoka on Hawaiian Airlines flight 828 at 8:40 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:10 am (same day).