January 17th – 25th , 2023- escorted from Honolulu
$3,365 per person double or triple occupancy; $3,665 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 90 days prior-FULL REFUND!
Low deposit- $75 per person- Reserve by August 1st – Save $50 per person
If you have ever wanted to visit Nagasaki, there is no better time than during the annual Nagasaki Lantern Festival, celebrating Chinese New Year with over 15,000 lanterns and lights. As Japan’s oldest Chinatown, due to a long trading history with China, these cultural ties are celebrated each year for two weeks. Besides specular lanterns, there are a variety of traditional Chinese shows and parades to enjoy such as lion dances and the Mazu Procession, recreating the route Chinese sailing crews once used to enter the city.
Our 7-night tour begins in Hakata, on the northern tip of Kyushu Island. It is western Japan’s most happening city and gateway to the country. Set amid splendid natural diversity – bordered by mountains, flanked by sea, and dotted with hot springs – the metropolis is an exciting hub of modern city life. Rich with tradition and modern cultural attraction, contemporary art, architecture, shopping, and cuisine complement centuries’-old temples and shrines.
There is much more to see and enjoy on this tour, visiting Karato Market in Shimonoseki to enjoy fresh sushi, Okawachiyama Village, a secluded pottery village, and Houis Ten Bosch, a theme park that recreates a Dutch town. Ah, there is much more, Kujukushima Pearl Sea Resort, Shimabara, the koi fish town, Kumamoto, and Mt. Aso.
Activities on tour include a sake brewery visit, onsen stay, Castella Land Factory tour and tasting, sightseeing cruise, slope car ride, and plenty of quality shopping experiences.
Your Nagasaki Lantern Festival and Kyushu Explorer Tour – 2023 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch, and 2 dinners
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 90 days prior to departure, October 19th , 2022
- Final payment due by November 18th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
- Fuel Surcharges of $320 per person will be assessed at time of ticketing due to airlines fuel surcharge increase.
- On the “Free Day” we will have to add a tour with a guide. Because of this restriction we will need to collect $50 more per person to cover the cost of the this change plus extended hours for the guide throughout the tour.
From $3,365 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,665 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
01/17/23 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 827 at 12:30 pm and arrives in Fukuoka at 6:40 pm, 01/18
01/25/23 – Depart Fukuoka on Hawaiian Airlines flight 828 at 8:40 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:15 am (same day)