Nov 10 – 20, 2023 (9 nights/11 days) escorted from Honolulu
Hakata – Moji – Tsunoshima – Hagi – Iwakuni – Suo Oshima – Miyajima – Hiroshima – Himeji – Kobe – Osaka
$4,298 per person triple occupancy, $4,383 per person double occupancy, $4,679 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 60 days prior to departure date for FULL REFUND!
Contact us to see how you can save $100 per person!
Mythology tells us that the origins of the world were in Japan and the origins of Japan were in Kyushu. It is here that we begin the Japan Backroads and Hidden Gems Foliage Tour. History and legend start here: wealthy trading posts, samurai rebels and the location where the descendants of the sun goddess, Amaterasu, arrived at the newly formed Earth.
From Kyushu off to Western Honshu’s Yamaguchi Prefecture with visits to Moji, Tsunoshima, Hagi, and Iwakuni.
Our tour winds down in more familiar areas, as we visit Miyajima Island, Hiroshima, Himeji, Kobe, and Osaka, Japan’s third largest city. Osaka’s unofficial slogan is kuidaore (‘eat until you drop’), and it seems that everyone is always out for a good meal – and a good time.
It is truly a tour like no other, there’s history, culture, incredible mountain top views, castles, the bullet train, sake brewery visits, ropeways and cable cars, and a sightseeing cruise. Get up close to kangaroos and wallabies at Hibikinada Green Park. Enjoy ono foods and leisure time for shopping including a complete free day in Osaka.
By the way, did we mention that its peak foliage time in the region!
Japan’s Backroads & Hidden Gems – Kyushu-Honshu-Kansai – Fall Foliage Tour 2023 includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 9 nights’ accommodations in centrally located hotels.
- All sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, September 11, 2023
- Final payment due by September 23 , 2023. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: You must inform us of any disability/impairment that requires special attention at the time of your making the reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation(s) if the disability/impairment is unsuitable for the tour. You are also responsible for any costs and/or accommodations related to your disability/impairment, such as providing your own travel companion.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants is required for the tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders must check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour costs are based on current currency conversion rates, which are subject to change.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed, but taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued, approximately 45 days out.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Please ask our representatives for more information.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $4,298 per person triple occupancy
From $4,383 per person double occupancy
From $4,679 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
11/10/23 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 827 at 12:45 pm and arrive in Fukuoka at 6:40 pm on 11/11.
11/20/23 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:15 am (same day).