February 3rd-11th, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$3,450 per person triple occupancy; $3,495 double occupancy; $3,895 single occupancy
Welcome to winter in Hokkaido. Come along, journey with us to the far north of Japan, a land of snow!
For seven days, every February Sapporo is turned into a winter dreamland of crystal-like ice and white snow.
The Sapporo Snow Festival, one of Japan’s largest winter events attracts nearly two million visitors who come to see the many snow and ice sculptures along Odori Park and on Susukino’s main street. They include an array of intricate ice carvings as well as massive snow sculptures that are bigger than some of the city buildings.
On this Hokkaido Winter Festivals Tour #1, we welcome in the 73rd Sapporo Snow Festival, but this is only the beginning as we will be visiting a total of 6 festivals. In additional to the Sapporo Snow Festival, we have the Susukino Ice Sculptures, Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival, Sairinka Light Up, Sounkyo Ice Light Up Festival, and the Asahikawa Snow Festival.
And yet there is more, much more, 3 onsen stays, a visit to the historic harbor city of Otaru, sake brewery visit, Asahikakwa Zoo to witness the Penguin Walk, Sunagawa Highway Oasis for the very best omiyage shopping under one roof, Sapporo’s Nijo Fish Market and Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade for ono shopping. If this was not enough, how about 2 nights at Sapporo’s finest hotel, Century Royal Hotel Sapporo.
Your Hokkaido’s Winter Festivals #1 2022 Tour – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 2 lunches and 3 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, December 3rd , 2021
- Final payment due by December 20th , 2021. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
Not all festival dates have not all been finalized for 2022. If some festivals are cancelled or effect the touring dates, we will advise as soon as possible. Cancelled festivals or changes would affect the day to day itinerary. Any changes to the itinerary will be advised as soon as more details become available.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,450 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,495 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,895 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
02/03/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 12:20 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, 02/04
02/11/22 – Depart Chitose on Hawaiian Airlines flight 442 at 7:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 7:40 pm (same day).