Including Rishiri and Rebun Islands
July 21st- July 31st, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$4,595 per person triple occupancy; $4,795 per person double occupancy; $5,495 single occupancy
“Hokkaido,” said travel writer J.D. Bisignani, “is the adopted child of modern Japan.” For 1,300 years, it was an orphan call Ezo (meaning “alien people of the North”). Nobody knew much about it and few cared. Today, Hokkaido is considered the “go to” destination when you are “templed-out” and needing a break from the crowds of Japan’s larger cities.
Our tour begins in Otaru, a romantic port town steeped in a rich history that dates to its glory days as a major herring center. From there, Furano and Biei, picturesque towns in the center of Hokkaido.
We then move on to Asahikawa, Hokkaido’s second largest city, home to a wealth of touring spots and some of the country’s best rice. In addition to some mighty fine sake, we have included the “Fields of Dreams”, rice paddy art among the rice fields. It is here that villagers create their own dramatic scenes attracting scores of visitors each summer.
And then, we journey to Dohoku, Hokkaido’s Great North and explore Wakkanai, Hokkaido’s northernmost city, Rebun Island, nicknamed “the floating island of flowers” due to its unique ecosystem, and Rishiri Island, a round shaped island floating in the Sea of Japan with Mt. Rishiri at its center.
There’s more, much more, two nights in Sapporo, Hokkaido’s capital and a dynamic urban center that offers everything you’d want from a Japanese city: a thriving food scene, stylish cafes, neon-lit nightlife, shopping galore – and then some.
Besides daily sightseeing of Hokkaido’s treasures, we have included lavender and sunflower viewing, cherry picking, winery and sake brewery visits, four natural hot springs ryokans, rice paddy art, ferry rides, uni opening and tasting experience, the best omiyage shopping spots, and a complete free day in Sapporo.
Your Hokkaido’s Great Northern Summer Tour 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 9 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels.
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 5 lunches, and 3 dinners
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 90 days prior to departure, April 22nd , 2022
- Final payment due by May 20th , 2022. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $4,595 per person triple occupancy
From $4,795 per person double occupancy
From $5,495 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
07/21/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 2:25 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:50 pm, 07/22
07/31/22 – Depart Chitose on Hawaiian Airlines flight 442 at 7:50 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 8:30 am (same day).