November 12 – 21, 2023 (8 nights/10 days) escorted from Honolulu
Kobe – Himeji – Okayama – Kurashiki – Tomonoura – Hiroshima/Miyajima – Kyoto – Nara – Osaka
$3,998 per person-double occupancy, $4,398 single occupancy
Cancel for any reason up to 60 days prior to departure date for FULL REFUND!
Contact us to see how you can save $100 per person!
Wind chimes and icy colors are essential in summer. But Autumn in Japan, when a host of goodies are harvested, is magnificent as the leaves of maple and ginkgo turn red and yellow in concert. Autumn may even be more visually stunning than the cherry blossoms which Spring produces.
Join us as we explore both the ultramodern and traditional sides of Southern Japan on this unique and unforgettable ten-day experience. We begin in the port city of Kobe, opened to the world as an international port in 1868, following the lifting of Japan’s nearly 230-year-long policy of seclusion. From here, we visit the World Heritage site of Himeji Castle and Kurashiki’s historic canal area which dates back to the Edo Period.
From that beginning, we journey to the picturesque port town of Tomonoura, with its endearing old-fashioned fishing townscape. Nestled in its half-moon bay overlooking the Seto Inland Sea National Park, Tomomoura has been inspiring poets and artists for centuries.
From here, we are off to Hiroshima, a city whose tragic history is brightened by its present-day vitality. Not far away, we also visit the island of Miyajima, home to Japan’s most iconic sight: the floating torii of Itsukushima Shrine.
If experiencing traditional Japanese culture is on your list, Kyoto and Nara are unmissable. Our journey ends in Osaka, Japan’s third largest city, where things move a bit faster. Osaka packs more color than most cities with its dazzling neons, vivid storefronts, and its unofficial slogan, Kuidaore (“eat until you drop”).
Your Epic Japan – Fall Foliage Explorer 2023 includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 8 nights’ accommodations in centrally located hotels.
- All sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price.
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, September 13, 2023
- Final payment due by September 25, 2023. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: You must inform us of any disability/impairment that requires special attention at the time of your making the reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation(s) if the disability/impairment is unsuitable for the tour. You are also responsible for any costs and/or accommodations related to your disability/impairment, such as providing your own travel companion.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English-speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants is required for the tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders must check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour costs are based on current currency conversion rates, which are subject to change.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed, but taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued, approximately 45 days out.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance. Please ask our representatives for more information.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,998 per person double occupancy
From $4,398 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
11/12/23 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 449 at 1:40 pm and arrive in Kansai at 6:45 pm on 11/13.
11/21/23 – Depart Kansai on Hawaiian Airlines flight 450 at 8:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:15 am (same day).