Nagano’s Winter Wonderland plus Tokyo – Small Group Tour-Maximum 24 members
January 24th – February 1st , 2021 escorted from Honolulu
From: $3,195 per person double or triple occupancy; $3,795 single occupancy
Besides being a treasure trove of nature, history, and culture, Nagano is bursting with natural hot springs, making it the king of onsens. On our very first “Enchanting Snow Monsters and Traditional Onsen” tour, you can enjoy four hot springs, each with its own unique setting. experience what onsens have meant to the Japanese since ancient times, and why they love hot springs so much.
Our onsen experience begins at the foot of Mt. Fuji with spectacular views. It is followed by a night overlooking Lake Suwa, home to an extraordinary, naturally occurring event known as “The God’s Crossing” where warm hot spring waters that remain unfrozen during the winter months, cause pressurized ice formations to form above the lake. Next, the historic Matsumoto Hotel Kagetsu, established in 1887, a short 5-minute walk from the national treasure Matsumoto Castle. Lastly, in the center of Yudanaka, where the highlight will be the Snow Monster Night Tour. Enjoy viewing snow-covered trees, nicknamed “snow monsters,” as they are silhouetted by the sun at the summit of Mount Yudanaka.
Along with daily sightseeing, enjoy unique experiences, a visit to the Fuji Gotemba Whisky Distillery, Katsunuma Winery, strawberry picking, mizuhiki making ( an ancient Japanese art form from a special rice paper), soba making, visit to a wasabi farm, miso factory, bullet train ride, and much more.
Our tour begins and ends in Tokyo, Japan’s capital, where Tokyoites are fond to say, “to be tired of Tokyo is to be tired of life.” Besides a free last day on your own, we have included visits to Tsukiji, Ameyoko, and the largest Daiso in in Tokyo.
Come along and join our small group tour!
Your Enchanting Snow Monsters and Traditional Onsen Tour includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 7 nights in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, 4 lunch and 3 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, November 25, 2020
- Final payment due by December 10, 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $3,195 per person double or triple occupancy
From $3,795 per person single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
01/24/21 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 863 at 12:15 pm and arrives in Haneda at 5:10 pm, 01/25
02/01/21 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 864 at 8:15 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 8:15 am (same day).