September 1-9, 2020 – Escorted from Honolulu
From: $3,295 per person triple occupancy; $3,395 per person double occupancy; $3,895 single occupancy
“Hokkaido,” said travel writer J.D. Bisignani, “is the adopted child of modern Japan.” For 1,300 years, it was an orphan call Ezo (meaning “alien people of the North”). Nobody knew much about it and few cared. Today, Hokkaido is considered the “go to” destination when you are “templed-out” and needing a break from the crowds of Japan’s larger cities.
Join along as we journey to Dohoku, Hokkaido’s Great North and explore Rishiri Island, a round shaped island floating in the Sea of Japan with Mt. Rishiri at its center. From there, ferry to Rebun Island, nicknamed “the floating island of flowers” due to its unique ecosystem and later that afternoon onto Wakkanai, Hokkaido’s northernmost city.
We then move on to Asahikawa, Hokkaido’s second largest city, home to a wealth of touring spots and some of the country’s best rice. This makes for mighty fine sake. With more than 10 sake breweries located here during the Meiji era, Asahikawa was often referred to as “the Nada in Hokkaido”.
But it doesn’t end quite yet as we have included three nights in Sapporo, Hokkaido’s capital and a dynamic urban center that offers everything you’d want from a Japanese city: a thriving food scene, stylish cafes, neon-lit nightlife, shopping galore – and then some. Visiting Hokkaido wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Otaru, to enjoy its beautifully preserved canal area.
Dohoku, Hokkaido’s Great Northern Tour 2020 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Domestic flight on ANA- Chitose to Rishiri Island
- Seven nights in first class hotels.
- In-flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel & 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus and local ferries
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person non refundable deposit.
- Final payment due by July 3rd , 2020. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Non-Refundable deposits are valid only for the tour that it is booked for & cannot be transferred to another tour.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol & soft drinks with meals
- Gratuities for the local Japanese English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airline.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $3,295 per person double or triple occupancy
Starting from $3,395 per person double or triple occupancy
Starting from $3,895 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
09/01/20 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 1:35 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, 9/2.
09/09/20 – Depart Chitose on Hawaiian Airlines flight 442 at 7:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 8:10 am (same day).