Along the Cassiopeia Road-Winter Edition Tour-2019
February 7th – February 17th, 2019- from Honolulu
From: $4,495 per person double or triple occupancy; $4,995 single occupancy
Reserve by July 1st-SAVE $50 PER PERSON
“Along the Cassiopeia Road”- The Winter Edition is named after the famous night train that operated between Ueno Station in Tokyo and Sapporo. This luxury train, the Cassiopeia, a Japanese version of the Orient Express made its debut in 1999 and completed its final journey on March 21st, 2016 with the launch of the Hokkaido Shinkansen.
While not quite the same path, join us on this unique tour as we journey from Hokkaido’s northern capital, Sapporo to Japan’s southern capital of Tokyo. Visit Sapporo, Otaru, Asahikawa, Lake Shikotsu, Noboribetsu, Hakodate and ending with riding the Shinkansen to Tokyo for a 3-night stay.
We begin in Sapporo where every February, for seven days, Hokkaido’s capital is turned into a winter dreamland of crystal-like ice and white. The 70th Sapporo Snow Festival, one of Japan’s largest winter events attracting nearly two million visitors is just one of four festivals to be enjoyed on this tour. We have also included visits to the Susukino Ice Sculptures, Asahikawa Snow Festival, and the Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival.
And yet there is more, much more, 2 onsen stays, a day visiting the historic harbor city of Otaru, 2 sake brewery visits, Sunagawa Highway Oasis for the very best of Hokkaido’s omiyage shopping under one roof, the Usuzan Ropeway, and the Shinkansen to Tokyo. Once in Tokyo, visits to Tsukiji, Ameyoko, Asakusa, iconic Tokyo Tower, ume viewing plus 1 free day!
Our relaxed touring pace begins with 3 nights in Sapporo’s finest hotel, Century Royal Hotel Sapporo. This fine hotel offers one of the best buffet breakfasts to be found anywhere in Japan and just an elevator ride down to an amazing underground city of shopping. We end with 3 nights at the recently renovated Sunshine City Prince Hotel, in the heart of Ikebukuro and with direct access to the Sunshine City Mall.
Along the Cassiopeia Road-Winter Edition Tour 2019- Tour includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.(flight schedule)
- Nine nights in first class hotel accommodations.
- In flight meals, breakfast daily at your hotels, 4 lunches and 1 dinner
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- Snow Straps will be provided for each tour member at no additional cost.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person nonrefundable deposit.
- Final payment due by November 2nd, 2018. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Reserve by July 1st, receive a $50 per person early booking discount!
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals.
- Gratuities for the local English speaking guide.
- Additonal baggage fee charges from the airline.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- Non-refundable deposits are valid only for this tour and cannot be applied to another tour.
- Land Tour operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
- The purchase of TripMate Travel insurance is highly recommended. The cost is $145 per person. The main features are medical & emergency as well as medical evacuation and coverage if there are any major delays or cancellation of flight. Please keep in mind that the Hokkaido region of Japan can be hit with a lot of snow during winter months which can cause for delays or possible cancellation. Please ask your Panda Travel agent for complete details on the coverage.
Starting from $4,495 per person double or triple occupancy.
Starting from $4,995 single occupancy.
Space is Limited!
02/07/19 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 12:00 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, February 8th.
02/17/19 – Depart Haneda on Hawaiian Airlines flight 458 at 9:30 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 9:20 am (same day).