February 5th-11th, 2022 escorted from Honolulu
$2,995 per person double/triple occupancy; $3,495 single occupancy
For seven days, every February Sapporo is turned into a winter dreamland of crystal-like ice and white snow.
The Sapporo Snow Festival, one of Japan’s largest winter events attracts nearly two million visitors who come to see the many snow and ice sculptures along Odori Park and the main street in Susukino. They include an array of intricate ice carvings as well as massive snow sculptures that are bigger than some of the city buildings.
Snow sculptures are carved from snow brought down from the mountains surrounding the city. From these white blocks grow the pyramids of Egypt, high prehistoric animals, the famous sights of Japan such as Matsumoto Castle and Kyoto’s Golden Pavilion. Just the beginning as we have also included the Susukino Ice Sculptures, the Asahikawa Winter Festival, and the Otaru Snow Light Path.
There is still much more to see and enjoy over these five nights, a sake brewery visit, a day in the historic harbor city of Otaru, Sunagawa Highway Oasis for the very best omiyage shopping under one roof, Nijo Fish Market, penguin walk at Asahikawa Zoo, Mt. Tengu Ropeway ride and time for shopping and sightseeing in Hokkaido’s capital, Sapporo.
When the day is complete, our accommodations are second to none, in Sapporo at the Century Royal Hotel with direct access to the Sapporo JR Station, in Asahikawa, the JR Inn Asahikawa, at the JR Station and attached to the AEON Mall. Lastly, Hotel Nord Otaru, steps from the historic Otaru Canal.
Come along and celebrate the 73rd Sapporo Snow Festival!
Your 73rd Sapporo Snow Festival Weekender Tour- 2022 – includes:
- Round trip airfare via Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu.
- Note: Airline baggage fees are additional and paid directly to the carrier.
- 5 nights’ accommodations in first class hotels
- Daily sightseeing with local English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Admission fees included based on itinerary
- Inflight meals, breakfast daily at your hotel, and 1 dinner
- All transportation via private charter bus
- All tour related taxes included in price
- Panda Travel® escorts throughout your tour.
- Reserve with $75 per person deposit, refundable up to 60 days prior to departure, December 7th , 2021
- Final payment due by December 22nd , 2021. Package is non-refundable after this date.
- Special Assistance: At the time of reservation, you must inform Panda Travel® of any disability requiring special attention. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation should your disability/special need deemed not suitable for the tour or if you are not accompanied by a companion to provide the assistance you will require.
Not included in the tour:
- Gratuities for local English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- Alcohol and soft drinks with meals
Not all festival dates have not all been finalized for 2022. If some festivals are cancelled or effect the touring dates, we will advise as soon as possible. Cancelled festivals or changes would affect the day to day itinerary. Any changes to the itinerary will be advised as soon as more details become available.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
From $2,995 per person double/triple occupancy
From $3,495 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
02/05/22 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 12:20 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, 02/04
02/11/22 – Depart Chitose on Hawaiian Airlines flight 442 at 7:45 pm and arrive in Honolulu at 7:40 pm (same day).