February 8th -14th , 2020 from Honolulu
From: $2,695 per person double or triple occupancy; $2,995 single occupancy
For seven days, every February Sapporo is turned into a winter dreamland of crystal-like ice and white snow.
The Sapporo Snow Festival, one of Japan’s largest winter events attracts nearly two million visitors who come to see the many snow and ice sculptures along Odori Park and the main street in Susukino. They include an array of intricate ice carvings as well as massive snow sculptures that are bigger than some of the city buildings.
Snow sculptures are carved from snow brought down from the mountains surrounding the city. From these white blocks grow the pyramids of Egypt, high prehistoric animals, the famous sights of Japan such as Matsumoto Castle and Kyoto’s Golden Pavilion. Just the beginning as we have also included the Suskino Ice Sculptures, the Asahikawa Snow Festival, and the Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival.
There is still much more to see and enjoy over these five nights, not one, but two sake brewery visits, a day in the historic harbor city of Otaru, a music box making experience, Sunagawa Highway Oasis for the very best omiyage shopping under one roof, 2 fish markets, Jogai Fish Market and Nijo Market and time for shopping and sightseeing in Hokkaido’s capital, Sapporo.
When the day is complete, our accommodations are second to none, in Sapporo at the Century Royal Hotel with direct access to the Sapporo JR Station and in Asahikawa, the JR Inn Asahikawa, at the JR Station and attached to the AEON Mall.
Come along and celebrate the 71st Sapporo Snow Festival!
71st Sapporo Snow Festival Weekender 2020 Tour #2 includes:
- Round trip air via Hawaiian Airlines.
- Five nights in first class hotel accommodations.
- Inflight meals and breakfast daily at your hotel.
- One pair of snow straps per person
- English speaking guide and Panda Travel ® representative throughout your journey.
- All transportation via charter bus.
- Daily sightseeing per itinerary.
- Admission fees included based on itinerary.
- Reserve with a $200 per person nonrefundable deposit.
- Final payment due by December 10th , 2019. Package is non-refundable after this date.
Not included in the tour:
- Alcohol & soft drinks with meals
- Gratuities for the local Japanese English speaking guide
- Additional baggage fee charges from the airlines.
- A minimum of 16 participants required for tour to operate.
- A valid passport is required of all U.S. citizens & must be valid at least 6 months from the return tour date. Non-U.S. passport holders need to check with the Japanese Consulate to see if a visa is required.
- Land tour cost is based on current currency conversion rates. Should there be any major changes that would affect the cost, we will advise and you will have the option to cancel with full refund or pay the difference.
- Air ticket fare is guaranteed; however taxes, fees and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are issued. If there is any difference at ticketing date, approximately 45 days out, we will advise you.
- We highly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance.
- Land Tour Operator is Nippon Travel Agency.
Starting from $2,695 per person double or triple occupancy
Starting from $2,995 per person single occupancy
Space is Limited!
2/8/2020 – Depart Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines flight 441 at 12:05 pm and arrives in Chitose at 5:00 pm, 2/9.
2/14/2020 – Depart Chitose on Hawaiian Airlines flight 442 at 7:45 pm and arrives in Honolulu at 8:00 am (same day).