The 3.5-star Pacific Beach Hotel is located in the heart of Waikiki, across the street from one of the world’s most famous beaches. This full service hotel houses the well known Oceanarium, a 280,000 gallon, 3 story high aquarium, the largest of its kind in any hotel. There are over 400 fish from more than 70 species with the latest addition a spotted eagle ray and a pelagic stingray.
Property amenities include a splash pool and whirlpool spa with a slate sundeck on the 4th floor, a tennis court (fee) on the 8th floor, room service, hospitality room, laundry facilities, self and valet parking (fee), Concierge, and Laundry & dry cleaning.
Other property amenities include an oceanfront 24-hour Fitness Center (fee) with state-of-the-art workout machines, classes and certified fitness instructors, with special discounted rates available for hotel guests. You can find High-speed Internet access, computers, scanners, faxes, packaging and anything else you might need at the well equipped Business Service Center on the 2nd floor. There is also a shopping arcade with about 25 different shops.
The Pacific Beach Hotel has an Ilima award-winning restaurants on site, the popular Oceanarium Restaurant featuring breakfast buffet, the Saturday & Sunday Brunch, and the nightly Prime Rib and Seafood Dinner Buffet. The restaurant has incredible views of the Oceanarium with fish feeding taking place by divers four times a day, usually during dining times. The Aloha Center Café located lobby level in the Beach tower terrace, is the perfect spot to take a break or enjoy the nightly barbeque, featuring hot/cold coffee drinks, smoothies, beer, sandwiches, pastries, and fresh-baked pizzas; open daily from 6 am.
This is an older property and the furnishings might not be as modern and up-to-date as one might expect, but the location is absolutely wonderful, especially for families with young children, as the beach across from the hotel is protected and ideal for the little ones. It’s also in the center of Waikiki with all its nightly activities including tiki torch lighting along the beach, hula shows, free movies on the beach every few weeks, people watching and so much more.
Tentative renovation schedule:
• The duration of the public area construction is anticipated to be from August 2016 -August 2017.
• Guestroom renovations are well underway and expected to be completed in December 2016.
• Exterior painting and patching in the Ocean Tower is taking place from May 2016 – August 2016. The Beach Tower will take place from August 2016-December 2016.
• Noisy work will only be performed between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
• The main lobby will be closed from September 2016 – April 2017. A temporary lobby and registration area will be established in the Beach Tower while the main lobby is closed for renovations. The main driveway will also be closed during this time and we will have a temporary traffic plan in place.
• The Oceanarium Restaurant will close on August 31, 2016. A daily breakfast buffet will be served in the Marlin Room on the 3rd floor until approximately April 2017.
• Beginning April 2017, a brand new breakfast buffet venue will open on the 2nd floor.
• The Aloha Center Café will remain open until approximately January 1, 2017.
• Our new lobby bar with morning coffee service is expected to open in February 2017.
• The pool will be closed during the following periods from January 2017-August 2017. During this time we will partner with a neighbouring hotel so that our guests have pool access.
• The new pool deck and services (food and beverage, Keiki Club, cabanas, etc.) are estimated to open in August 2017.
• The Lau’lea Spa is closed.
• The Fitness Center will be closed from January 2017 – October 2017.
• All 12 elevators will be replaced with brand new cabs and mechanicals. This work will begin in July 2016 and go through November 2017. We will be phasing this work to minimize inconvenience for our guests.
• Our coin-op laundry facility will be closed from January 2017 – August 2017. We will direct our guests to the nearby facility on Prince Edward Street, located a half block from the hotel.
For the most up-to-date information, including the renovation newsletter and renderings, please visit Pacific Beach Hotel Transformation